February 24, 2006

How time flies...

I can't even believe I totally forgot about my blog! It's been since BEFORE my Vegas trip that I have even checked into this place...it's like I started it and then forgot all about it. Being a mom has taken a toll on my life. I just don't have time for simple things (like writing in a blog) and my memory has gone to shit. The only chance I have is here at work (where I'm at now, which still isn't very easy to do), because I know once I get home it willl be schedule time. Ya know? Get home, feed the monsters, get them bathed and put them to bed, all while trying to stay sane enough to do the dishes, help my husband with laundry (yes that's right...how else can I help right now when I have a 9 month old clinging for dear life to my leg every minute that we're home) and just try to un-wind from the work day. I love my family life, but every once in a while I remember back to when I was single, without a care in the world. I yearn for the day I can choose a bath over a shower again or just have one by myself with out a little face plastered to the shower door asking, "Mommy, what you doing?" For the day I can walk out the door for work without 2 kids dangling from my arms, 1 screaming because he doesn't want to leave the house this morning since it's "Saturday mommy"...I WISH every day was Saturday baby, but unfortunately it's not and how do you explain that to a 2 1/2 year old where he will actually understand it??? I've come to the conclusion that you can't...so you learn to lie to them instead (which I swore I would never do, but what you think you'll do and what you really end up doing is just the reality of it), otherwise we would NEVER get out of the house every morning! But no matter what, I've said it before and I'll say it again...I wouldn't change it for the world...and these 2 gorgeous faces are my reason why I shut up and deal!


No comments: