September 22, 2006

Possible move

We weren't even really thinking about moving (ok maybe just every once in a while) from our brand new, beautifully remodeled in 2005, 3 BR 2 BA home. But after Jenah was born, we've occasionally looked at larger homes. I can see my kids growing up in our current home, but honestly, I also see them out growing it too. When we remodeled, we never even thought about storage space, so needless to say, we really don't have any. Lots of our junk is either at my mother's or my mother-in-laws house, because we just DON'T have room for it. It's in a great part of San Diego (Point Loma to be exact). We are minutes from the beach (yet we aren't beach people at all) and just in a prime location to say the least. BUT (and it's a big but), I just can't see us living in it for much longer. We spend WAY to much on gas every week driving back and forth to drop off the kids at day care (a.k.a, my mom), which is a 20-25 min drive. Then I make my way across town to work - another 25-30 min drive. My husband drives 20 mins to pick them up after work since he gets off earlier than I do (in the opposite direction of our home no less) to just turn around 10 mins later and drive home another 20-25 mins. Yah see our weekly pattern? I don't think it helps that we are constantly back up in that area on the weekends either.

Well there is this house up for sale...practically across the street from my mom's, literally around the corner from my brother & sister-in-law's homes. It's a VERY affordable price, especially for that area of town (Mt. Helix to be exact) and was completely built brand spanking new in 2004. We took a tour of it last night...IT WAS GORGEOUS. The pictures online didn't do it justice. All the bedrooms are HUGE! It's a 5 BR 3 BA home on double the lot size we are on now. It has a few minor changes I would make to it, but nothing drastic. Plenty of potential and OH so much storage space. 2 car garage that would actually fit both our cars. Ours now only fits my car and it's only a one car garage. There are just so MANY pros to it, yet there are a few cons. Mainly I will miss my custom built shower with seat and shower head system (4 shower heads in all). It's the house that we built for ourselves and for our children to grow up in. It was our kids first homes...they both came home from the hospital to this home. It has a lot of memories for us, but really that's it. It's just memories that will ALWAYS be there. And I would be bettering my children's lives. Bigger yard, great schools, close to almost all our family...where now it's really just us. I would definitely miss it, there is NO doubt about that. The problem is seeing if we can financially afford it. We'd have to put our house on the market and place an offer contingent on the sale of ours. We'd have to make sure we could actually GET a decent amount of money for ours so in turn we have enough to put down on this house. Oh the stumper...this new house doesn't have any type of fenced yard, so that would be something we'd HAVE to do...It's a tough decision but hopefully, depending on what happens, it ends up being the right decision.

No comments: