September 13, 2006

Sing a song

What is it about a 3 year old that makes my heart melt? Lately, it's been his singing! Now is the age when kids begin to learn more things than just talking and playing. They learn to sing. Recently Noah has begun singing a few ditty's that I find so irrisistable. As of now, he knows the Itsy Bitsy Spider and the easier Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. If I dare sing along with him, he'll get upset and tell me, "No mommy! I can do it myself". With Itsy bitsy spider, he always forgets the part that goes, "down came the rain and washed the spider out". Noah's version: The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout, out came the sun and dried up all the rain and the itsy bitsy spider went up the [water] spout again! I've tried several times to explain to him that he's missing an important part of the song, but he's so hard headed (he's definitely his fathers son!) he just shoos me off and continues to sing his version. I keep promising myself to try (key word here) to catch it on video, but Noah can be shy enough, that if I do get the camera out of it's hiding place, he'll stop dead in his tracks and give me that 'I won't do it now, because I know you want me to' stare. Ya wanna know another awing moment of it all for me? His little sister swaying her hips and head to the music! Kids...Ya gotta love 'em!

No comments: