August 15, 2006

Priceless moment in time

I've been meaning to write this since the other day and just haven't gotten around to it...

So, Jenavieve has become totally fascinated with books. I found a bunch in Noah's room that I had bought for him when he was her age. He never really cared for them. Jenavieve on the other hand, has finally made it worth all the money we spent on them. Right now she has 2 favorites, one which is a Sesame Street peekaboo book. Each page has a character with flaps for hands hiding their face and when you say peekaboo you pull them down to reveal their face...this was her first favorite and since has managed to yank (more like rip) out a few hands during reading time. The next is an animals book that shows the baby animal and then on the following page it shows them doing something, such as sleeping, playing or what ever. The first page has kittens on it...she LOVES kitties. I unfortunately learned that this page was her favorite a week ago when I was sitting on the toilet and was basically forced to read it (more or less show it) from my current location. In the end it really wasn't that bad because I was left with a memory that no video camera would ever capture. I was reading her each page and every time I'd go back to the kitty page, she would throw back her head, close her eyes and give the cutest little squealing laugh...to me it was just a priceless moment in time that only I will remember for as long as my brain will allow it!

No comments: