January 23, 2007

Notes for memories

This story just HAD to be written down for posterity!

Last night I was getting undressed with the kids to get in the shower. Almost our daily ritual, so nothing new there. My birth control of choice at the moment is the OrthoEvra patch which I always wear on my hip area. Noah's seen it on me a gazillion times but for some reason last night he felt he had to comment on my "bandaid". The conversation went something like this:

Noah: "How come you have that big band-aid on your butt mommy?"
Me: "So that mommy won't have any more babies."
Noah: "You have to wear it so that you don't have anymore babies because you were hurt by babies?"

Not a very long conversation, but enough of one that I couldn't resist laughing my patch wearing ass off at the last question. I was laughing so hard I forgot to give him an answer but once we got in the shower all thoughts of the "band-aid" were washed down the drain along with his shampoo. I've always wondered how my child's mind works...I'm still pondering that question as I'm sure he's still pondering the question of why I have a big band-aid on my butt.

No comments: