January 22, 2007

My little girl

I haven't posted in a while and that's just because life gets in the way...

My baby girl is growing too fast everyday. Yesterday we took her to get her first official haircut. We found this new little shop that opened up around the corner from my in-law's and thought we'd give them a try since it was actually a kids salon. I was really happy with the experience. Jenah sat in a little pink car "driving" it around while the girl trimmed her hair and did really well I must add! They cut a little curl off and then in a scrapbooking program from a laptop they created a personalized certificate, picture and all. They took Jen's picture, uploaded it to the program, printed out the certificate, took her curl and glued it to the certificate with a little pink bow. It was only $15 for the whole thing...and it's ready for a page in my scrapbook. The kids salon we took my son to at the time cost $15 for the cut and certificate and all I got was a photocopied handwritten certificate with a bunch of his hair in an envelope. I plan on taking his certificate/hair and doing something similar to the one we received yesterday...at least that'll be 2 pages in my scrapbook, lol!

I'm still learning about scrapbooking and have the concept down. I figured out what I want my book "theme" to be however, I have yet to start my book because, A. I need to find pictures to go with all the page ideas I have, 2. I need layout ideas and III. my kids/house duties occupy a lot of my free time when I'm not working, so it's just been hard to get it started. If you have any suggestions for layouts or different websites where I can find ideas send 'em my way. Maybe the more info I receive, the sooner I'll get motivated to actually start my album :o)

No comments: