April 19, 2008

Altered ATG

An ATG is a huge gun like tape dispenser that holds TONS of adhesive on a huge roll. This is wonderous for a scrapper who gets tired of running out of teeny tiny adhesives while in the middle of a project. This gun is normally used by framers (for pictures), but has become a huge tool for scrapbookers. I was fortunate to receive one for Christmas from my mom, however the big thing is to try and alter it (make it your own style). It starts out looking like a regular tape dispenser in it's canary yellow state (see example below). I frequent the message boards at cricut.com and was seeing all the great ways some really crafty women were "altering" their guns. Well, monkey see, monkey do (see completed pics below)!

Original state:


Altered state (backside):



Altered state (front side):



I can finally say that I'm a crafter now and not just a scrapbooker :o)

1 comment:

Sherri Piechnik said...

I couldn't find anything at cricut.com on how to alter the tape gun. Can you give a link or tell us what paint you used and how you did what you did? Looks gorgeous! Are you sure the paint won't peel off?

Sherri